Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Now on Twitter

Yes... you really read right!


 I decided earlier tonight to create a Twitter account...something I NEVER thought I would do. There are a few reasons I opened this account, but the main reason is for another way to reach out to Vets and their families. As most of you know, I am on the Board of Directors and very active with FamilyOfaVet.com. I absolutely love what I do and just being an advocate for families after combat helps me in many ways. Yet, the most rewarding part of it is being able to help someone else. There is just something about the many emails that I have received lately letting me know what I am doing is an inspiration or that my experiences have helped them see light at the end of the tunnel. That alone is worth more than anything else. I do what I do for the sake of others. Life is hard. Life after combat can feel impossible to get through and it's very easy to lose that sense of hope and sanity while taking in everything. I know after years of my husband battling PTSD, there were days I felt I couldn't take anymore and wanted to run as far away as I possibly could. After all this time, therapy, and medications, he still isn't where he use to be, nor will he ever be. But, I will keep fighting and remain by his side as I have done for this long.

Anyhow, I opened this Twitter account as another way to reach out! I am sure as time goes on and there are other things with other organizations that I work with from time to time, you will also see links to them.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/BrittneyBiddle

If you have a Twitter account let me know!


Love,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment