Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Update on Britt

Today was the day of my GYN doctor appointment! Finally!!! It seemed like such a long waiting process to get to today. As it turns out, I am going to have to end up having the surgery in order to remove my ovaries and possibly my cervix. That will more than likely be determined the day of the surgery, if not at pre-op. Speaking of pre-op, I have to go in on August 2 at 315 (our time) for that. At that appointment they will give me the surgery date and time. Since all health information and lab work has to be accurate for the surgery, I should have the surgical procedure done within a few days of pre-op. From what the doctor said today, the OR has openings to slide me into right now. I clearly explained to him that my age should not play a factor in proper medical care. My health needs to be the main concern, which has been placed on the back burner a lot here lately. He fully understood and agreed. Since the ovaries produce estrogen, it continues to assist the growth in the endometreosis, as well as the ovarian cysts that seem to occur too often. The removal of my ovaries is the best option. Of course, I will have to take a hormone replacement for the next twenty to thirty years. The good part, I can take it every morning with my synthroid (thyroid hormone replacement). As you all know, I am on the synthroid for the rest of my life due to me no longer having a thyroid gland, so there will be no issue on making sure I take this new hormone medication following the surgery. I will also have to add calcium tablets to my everyday pill consumption since I do not drink enough milk daily. I am just not a big milk person! No big deal in order for me to feel better and enjoy life again! I feel as though I am missing out on a lot in my life with my family due to medical problems that keep occurring! I am ready to live life to the fullest everyday and enjoy as well as cherish the times I have my husband home with us. Not too much to ask for! There was a lot more discussed at the appointment, but no need to go into detail on here! I do promise to keep you all updated as I know more information!

I can never thank you all enough for all of your prayers and support through the medical issues I have been faced with. I have so many mixed emotions on a variety of things when it comes to my health. Yet, there are so many people that continue to remind me of all that I have and keep my spirits lifted. I would be lost without Kevin, our kids, our families, and the amazing friends (I consider you all family) that I have been so blessed with. Thank you for keeping me going and keeping the faith in it all!

We have yet to hear from Branch or receive orders. Sorry that we cannot update you all on that as well. Right now we are focusing on the surgery and recovery process. Of course, once we hear something we will update you!

No comments:

Post a Comment