Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year family and friends! We hope that each of you had a fabulous New Year's Eve and that 2013 is by far, one of the most amazing years!

We decided to break away from our house and run away to Kev's parents cabin in the mountains just outside of Blue Ridge, GA. We arrived at the cabin late on New Year's Eve and are planning to leave at some point tomorrow.

New Years is so different in our house now. We use to be the crazy ones lighting firecrackers and raising hell, while we brought in another new year. Now we escape to the cabin, hoping to hide from the loud, explosive sounds and bright flare sights of the fireworks. Sadly, even here we couldn't get completely away from it as people on the mountain were still celebrating. Luckily though, it didn't last long at all.

We spend the early part of the evening playing Beat the Parents. If you don't have this board game, I seriously recommend you purchase it for you and your family! We were not able to play a full game due to Nic getting restless and Kevin's anxiety and all kicking in.

This year everyone, other than me, we're fast asleep just minutes before the ball dropped. Kevin began to toss and turn quite a bit in bed when firecrackers rang all though out the mountain top.

As much as I want to yell at every person that shoots off the fireworks, I could never do it. After all, that was us not too many years ago. Without being directly related to a combat veteran with severe injuries, one doesn't think about the PTSD episodes that could launch from the celebrations. I'll go more into this when I am home writing and not on my iPhone!

Today is a lazy day at the cabin. The kids and I are watching The Smurfs movie and Kevin is napping. It's been a long 24 hours for him. Yesterday, we spent time walking around downtown Blue Ridge, which the kids loved. Tomorrow we head back to Macon and prepare for a Thirty-One party as well as school on Monday.

Once we are home and I'm on my computer, I will update with our Christmas and photos!

We hope each of you have an amazing and very prosperous 2013! Wishing you many smiles, joyous laughter, and a lifetime of memories!

From our home to yours, Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. No, one doesn't think of this during celebrations. It really is a shame. I remember my dad reacting to something as simple as a sound effect on my sister's mobile phone -not nice!

    Great post & blog. New follower.

    Vix @ ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and following. It's the things that so many take for granted that can become a trigger to one with PTSD.

    I will check your blog out now.

    Britt

    ReplyDelete