Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Day at the Stables

This past Sunday I was able to spend the day at Tres Milagros, a horse stable a little over a mile from us. I went there to volunteer a little then go for a trail ride that afternoon. Little did I know I would end up spending the entire day there! However, it was a wonderful day! I went out on a trail ride around 1130 with one of the most hard headed and stubborn horses, Bum. Haha, yes, his name is Bum! They named him that due to his bummed knee. For some reason Bum has no interest in turning left, he actually refuses to turn that direction. I learned this while we were out on the trail ride. Not a fun thing to learn at that point! After the ride, Bum and I spent a good bit of time in the arena back at the stables, trying to break him. It got to the point that he was rearing his head up and down, making me ready to get thrown off! Luckily, I wasn't thrown though it came pretty close a few times. His front legs came off the ground, making me get the feeling I was about to be bucked off.

Following this, another trail ride came up. This time I was able to take a horse named Larry out. He was super sweet and pretty easy to ride. However, he is a lot bigger than Bum, so he was not as easy to saddle up and get on. He did great during the trail ride, just took his sweet time. He was incredibly sweet and easy to work with. Below are pictures of Larry. Before I left the stables, I was asked if I could come back and help work with the horses, some still need to be broke. Of course, I said yes. Sunday mornings may just be spent up at the stables! How can I not go with the love I have for horses? Plus, it is time for me and we all know that moms need their "me" time!


No comments:

Post a Comment