Monday, May 21, 2012

Entering the Last Year of My 20's


On Wednesday, May 9, I entered the last year of my 20's. Hello 29! What a change from 28 to 29! I don't even know where to start on what has happened and how life has changed since the day I turned 28. For starters, we are no longer living the army life and we are no longer in El Paso (as most already know). Kevin was medically retired from the army in January of this year and we have been living in Arkansas since he went on leave in November of 2011. This year has brought a lot of loss into my life, family and friends, and I have spent a lot of time reflecting over life in general. (See blog posts prior to this one.).

This year has also brought happiness to our house. Until this birthday, the last one that I was able to spend with Kevin was in 2003. Since then, he has either been in the field, on deployments, or in training for more than a few weeks (months) at a time. For the first time in nine years, my husband was actually home to spend the day with me and you know what, I could not ask for anything more than that. Having Kevin and the kids home to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day with me made it all perfect! There was nothing else that could have made my day any better than it was. We hung out around the house, got out for a bit, and even went to dinner that night. AMAZING. Too often I hear people complain about what their spouse did not get them or that their spouse was late getting home or plans were messed up and all I can think is how blessed they are just to have their spouses home. I have spent countless days, nights, weeks, and months without Kevin by my side due to the army and just to have him home this year meant the world to me. It made me realize just how blessed I am and how much I do cherish what I have. The best things in life are the most priceless ones.

This past weekend, Stephanie and I took off for a girls day/night out to Little Rock for a Dierks Bentley concert. We spent the morning driving to Little Rock, stopping at a couple stores in Hot Springs. We checked out the mall in Little Rock, ate lunch at Red Lobster, and then headed to The Verizon Arena for some country fun! Cadillac Black and The Eli Young Band opened for Dierks. All were absolutely amazing!!! Steph and I had pit passes and were literally at the stage, in the front. Oh My!!! All three rocked the stage and turned the evening into an freaking fabulous time out and made our birthday celebrations fantastic! Of course, after the concert we got back on the road for our three hour drive home.

Pit Pass!!!
We were right at the stage
Stephanie and me
Eli Young Band
Eli Young Band
Eli Young Band
Dierks Bentley
Dierks Bentley
Dierks Bentley
Dierks Bentley
Dierks Bentley
Dierks Bentley


 Thank you to everyone that made this birthday special, most of all, thank you to my amazing husband, Kevin. I could not ask for more than what I have been blessed with. Having Kevin home this year was the best birthday gift ever.








No comments:

Post a Comment