Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Challenge to You

While I am simply cruising at 426mph and 37,960 ft up in the air - I have time to think. I have time to sort through things that have been on my mind lately at my own pace with no children interrupting my thoughts or dog needed to be let out. We have two hours and forty six minutes until we arrive in San Diego.

A moment of honesty here... I am was terrified to fly until today. I have only flown a few times before now and that was from Georgia to Germany ...only international and never domestic. Crazy, huh? I still find it insane that my first flight nine years ago was overseas. Who the hell just jumps on an 11 hours plan ride OVER the ocean that has never flown before??? This chick right here! Since then, I have always found a reason or way to drive wherever I was headed versus flying. Flying was an intense fear, especially alone. Today I faced that fear and am so glad I did. I have actually enjoyed the time to just sit and think, in which is exactly what I have been doing. Facing a fears head on is a good thing, it brings strength and the ability to do more in life. It allows us to let go of things that may and do hold us down.

I have also been thinking a lot about how easily it is for us as individuals to get lost in things and relationships. It's easy for us to fall into bad relationships and struggle to pull away. I'm not just referring to our spouses, either. I a talking all relationships - friendships, families, work... Relationships that are toxic, suffocating and turn us into people we aren't. We all have them, so don't try to deny it.

What do you do when you fall into one? Well, it's never too late to get out of it. Always remember that. Over the past few years, I have found myself cutting more and more people out of my life. They enjoy the drama too much or are just mean and spiteful people or they are the "misery loving company" type individuals that are only content when others are falling on their faces. Who needs   that and honestly, who the hell has time for it? I know I don't..                                                            

The more time that has passed since the WWP retreat I attended, the more time I have had to think. I can honestly say the retreat made me a better person. I learned a lot about myself that weekend and was able to bring it home with me. I have been able to focus on me and who I am, I have found ore clarity in things and relationships. I can simply let go of things that won't matter a month, year or ten years from now. Those things are not worth occupying my time or energy with. Since the retreat, I have also learned how easy it is for people to simply "click". I met two ladies that will forever hold a place in my life. Our friendships were formed and it instantly felt like we had known each other for years. It's a rare thing to find.

So, my challenge to you dear friends and readers, let go of the toxic relationships and anything that will hold you down. You are all amazing and unique individuals. We each serve a purpose in life. Find your purpose and run with it! Never let anyone hold you down or keep you from doing what makes you happy. I also challenge you to face one of your fears. Do something that terrifies the hell out of you and come out with a smile of accomplishment.

And always, be you!!!

2 comments: