Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hotties in Hot Springs

On December 22, 2011 we graced Hot Springs, AR with our presence. When I speak of "we", I am referring to myself, Terri, Aunt Beverly and Aunt Jeanette. We left the husbands and children at home doing whatever it is that they enjoy doing!

We started the day off by eating at Fisherman's Wharf on Lake Hamilton. We had a gorgeous view, that started off as cloudy and rainy and turned into a nice sunshine kind of day. The food tasted wonderful and the conversations left the four of us in giggles and amazement.



Following our lunch on the lake, we parked in downtown Hot Springs, spending a few hours walking through the downtown strip area. For the first time, Terri and I were able to see the Bathhouses, whereas Aunt Jeanette and Aunt Bev have not only seen the bathhouses, but have also had the luxury of bathing in one! Aunt Beverly spent a few months in Hot Springs with her painting and has one of her pieces hanging in the Fordyce Bathhouse. I felt honored to be able to not only see the painting knowing that my amazing Aunt painted it, but to also see it while standing next to her was fabulous! I could not be more proud of her than I am. Not only is she an amazing artist, but she is a beautiful person inside and out!



We walked through the park area. Even with it being winter, it was still a beautiful walk! At many points I had to actually feel the water and how hot it was even though I could see the steam rising above it. I am sure to those that know me, it does not surprise any of you. After touring the bathhouse and art museums, we sat down at The Arlington Hotel for some yummy hot chocolate. We enjoyed the peaceful scenery inside the hotel and of course the conversations among ourselves.


As darkness rolled upon us, we drove to Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs to see the many Christmas lights and decorations they set up. The gardens hosted more than 18 million lights and was spread across 15 acres...that we had to walk through. It was a beautiful set up!


After walking the gardens, each of us were pretty worn out from a day of being nonstop. We stopped by Kroger for a Christmas turkey and then sat down to eat at Ruby Tuesday. Once our belly's were full and more amazing conversations were spoken, we headed home. On our almost two hour journey home, sleep would come and go for Aunt Jeanette and Terri, Aunt Bev and I would quietly talk, and at times I would have time to reflect on the day and all that I have been blessed with. I truly have two of the best aunts, who hold more of an aunt status to me, as well as the most amazing mother-in-law that I could ask for. 

Thank you for such a much needed and wonderful day, Terri, Aunt Jeanette, and Aunt Bev. The only thing we didn't do that day was have a photo taken of all four of us together! This means that there will have to be a next time!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely time! Yes, a photo of the 4 you is a must... Happy New Year Darling! xoxo

    ReplyDelete