Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stabbing of The Orange Soda

You know, I love my son dearly and could not imagine my life without him.... But what is wrong with this child? So over the weekend he for some reason felt the need to get one of the sharp corn holder things out of the drawer and stab one of my orange sodas. Yes, you read correctly. He stabbed it! Kevin and I walked into the kitchen when I noticed some orange drink on the counter. I cleaned it up then moved the sodas and low and behold, one started leaking all over me. Right beside the soda sat a yellow corn holder... What in his right mind made him do this? This kid is nuts! I totally understand that kids may get hungry in the middle of the night and want something to eat. The girls would normally either go back to sleep or come wake us up. Not Nicholas. No, he grabs the three slices of bread that are left and takes it to his room to eat it. Or, tortillas. Any wild guesses on what we have done in order to prevent this? Okay, well let me just tell you all. I had to take the door knob off of his door and switch it with the one on the pantry. Yes, I have to LOCK our pantry every night in order to keep this mischief child out of it! Not even cool! Glad I am quick on my toes when it comes to these kids. Now, if only I could figure out a way to keep the refrigerator locked at night.... Any suggestions? I am open to all ideas! Nic sure knows how to keep us on our toes and always a step ahead! He is "napping" as I write this.... Other than that, I would not have the time to be on the computer just to share what mess he has made or the days of our chaotic life. So, in the end, when people tell you boys are different than girls. Take it and further educate yourself! No matter what you do, you can never be prepared for a little boy! Lol. The picture included in this is not of the same messy drink. We had to act quick and pour it into a cup. But, it is the same type of bottle next to the corn holder thing that Nic decided to use as he stabbed it!

3 comments:

  1. You are so right.
    Boys are nuts. Mine is trying to kill me everyday. Stubbing my toe, Showing me this cool spider he found.
    But for mamas it's true with what they say, "Girls mess with your head, boys mess with your heart."

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious! We have 3 girls so our biggest blunder is painting (with markers) make up on dolls, giving them hair cuts, and boyfriends...There was a time my freezer door would pop open when I shut the fridge door so I duct taped it and it worked like a charm...maybe put a couple strips on your fridge door when you go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that saying! It is very true! Something I have learned a lot over the past few years.

    Lol, kids!!! It took us a few days to figure out a way to keep him out of the fridge at night... Our newest way is at the top we place the bottom of a pair of plyers into the door handles. lol. We have one where the doors are side by side, so the plyers seem to work. So far he has not been able to get back in at night. So, between that and locking the pantry door every night, we are on a roll! So sad. Haha

    ReplyDelete